Sunday, April 17, 2011

Seafood! (Kind of)

 These are the vegan fish fillets and shrimp I got from VeganEssentials. And since they're flavored with seaweed extract, I guess you could technically still deem them "sea" food! I'd been missing these foods fora while, especially the fried versions! I made a beer-batter for the fish, which was good, but it turns out the fish is kind of sweet, so it would have been much better pan-fried with earth balance and lemon juice; maybe some tarragon. The shrimp's texture was eerily similar to that of real shrimp. The flavor of it by itself is definitely not super-shrimpy, but a good substitute nonetheless. I have another box that I am going to use to make a peppered shrimp alfredo with spinach fettuccini.


 Had to make delicious hush-puppies! I was going to make fries too, but it was already way too much food by the time I got done frying everything. Tartar sauce from my condiments post.


Just used a regular flour-salt-pepper breading for the shkrimpies.


And couldn't resist making this! I missed you, cocktail sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment