Sunday, April 17, 2011

Condiments, condiments

Agave-Wasabi dressing/dip I tried to duplicate, from my Chick'n Cordon Bleu. Came out pretty close to the first batch I threw together:

1 1/2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
3/4 Tablespoon wasabi powder (I get "Spice Islands" brand, because it's the only one I've seen that lists actual wasabi as the first ingredient. Some 'wasabi' powders are sneaky and just use plain horseradish or mustard). Use slightly more for extra ka-pow!
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder - dissolve 1st three ingredients together first.
Dash of turmeric to brighten color, optional
3/4 cup blue agave syrup
3/4 cup dijon-style mustard



Habanero~Mango~Pineapple wing glaze or dip

That was pretty much it, with some fresh lime juice, sugar, and chili oil - simmered on the stove. Next time I think I will puree the fruits first and thin it out with pineapple juice. Word of warning: wear gloves while cutting habaneros. My hands burned through the next day after I made this!


Tartar sauce
 Surprisingly easy to throw together-  just vegannaise with parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, mustard flour, sugar, and relish



Pico de gallo + Salsa
I love to add anything with lots of color for extra garden-fresh taste~ used green tomatillos, red tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and a touch of garlic and lime.




Ranch (left) and Bleu Cheese Dressings
Had these sitting in the fridge for a couple days for the flavors to develop. For ranch, used a mix of recipes I found online with vegan substitutes - regular coconut milk "soured" with vinegar ('buttermilk'), vegan sour cream, parsley, dill, paprika, mustard, garlic, and onion powders. Blue cheese is just the ranch with Sheese brand dairy-free bleu cheese crumbled in, with a dash of lemon juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment