Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cole Slaw

I just made a quick chopped slaw for these chili-cheeze veggie dogs (gotta love that Daiya cheddar!). I make my slaw with no onions (I find them too overpowering in it), carrots (when I have red cabbage I like that in there, too!), and vegannaise with sugar, coconut milk, and rice wine vinegar. Rice wine vinegar has become my go-to vinegar after I got it to season sushi rice with. It is just not as sharp and slightly sweeter than other vinegars. For the slaw, celery seed and poppy seeds add a nice delicate touch of extra flavor.


For the doggies, I use LightLife brand and fry them in earth balance - as well as the buns! That buttery crunch makes all the difference. I also mixed the Daiya right in with the chili to thoroughly melt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment