Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Relay for Life Vegan Bake Sale



On 4/16/2012 I had a vegan bake sale at Concord University in Athens to benefit Relay for Life. My best friend and my stepmom are both cancer survivors, so I wanted 100% of the proceeds to go to the American Cancer Society. We ended up making $144 total, including a donation my stepmom sent in! We had a really nice display and had a ton of fun - not to mention we sold out of almost everything! I kind of low-balled the prices because a. it's for charity and b. these are college kids we're talking about. I decided to change my Facebook page I made for my award-winning Vegan Baked goods (for public events & possibly small-scale private catering) and Eco-Friendly arts, and called it "Mark it with V":

http://www.facebook.com/MarkitwithV

There were orange rolls, Chocolate Chip Cookies, gluten free rice krispie treats, gluten free peanut butter cookies, friendship bread with golden raisins, mocha brownies, and vegan rainbow cupcakes. For the rainbow cupcakes, they came out more like tie-dyed. I usually just make them vanilla with vanilla/coconut buttercream frosting, but this time, I made half of them fruity by adding kool-aid powders in flavors corresponding to each of the colors! Can't decide on which are my favorite, though. There also seems to be a growing interest for gluten-free items, which I'm going to have to put more research and experimentation into to build my baked goods repertoire! The day was an absolute success.










No comments:

Post a Comment