Friday, December 16, 2011

Black Bean Enchiladas




I realized that I hadn't made black bean enchiladas since I was 12 (when they were a big hit!), so I decided they must promptly be made again - and veganized! I went mostly by an old Betty Crocker recipe, which calls for you to make your own zesty tomato sauce topping (more like a salsa, really) - with fresh tomatoes, onions, cumin & cilantro. What really made this dish outstanding (if not a little on the hot side!) was Upton's Naturals brand seitan, in chorizo style! I wasn't sure if I -ever- liked chorizo anything, but I like this seitan! After rolling the seitan & black beans filling up in the tortillas & topping with the tomato sauce, I of course smothered it in cheddar-style Daiya before baking and serving. I like mine with better than sour cream and black olives on the side - I bet guacamole would be fantastic with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment