Saturday, December 24, 2011

Belle Birthday Cake



This was a smash at my daughter's 5th birthday party! I will admit, this was a bit tricky for me - mainly baking the "skirt" of the dress in a metal bowl! If the bowl is overfilled, the middle will never get done - so I had to layer a round cake with what was baked in the small metal bowl. The regular-sized doll is still too tall for this, however! (I wanted my daughter to be able to have the doll to keep when the cake was done with, but they do specially make half-dolls for cakes of this nature). Next time, I think I will use a bundt cake pan in addition to a couple rounds layered up for a nice effect. I also made & piped the icing in quite a hurry (trying to coordinate other birthday activities!), so that could definitely use some improvement. Other than that, a very cute cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment