Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Salads

It's about the time of year for the annual family reunion and Father's day dinner. Last year for the Father's Day dinner I made my French apple pie and the following pasta salad and everyone enjoyed them, so I wanted to replicate that this year. I also wanted to try to veganize what I remembered of mom's potato salad recipe. These are traditional to me; I grew up with them - but everyone's got different tastes. These are slightly sweet and tangy. I like to use these shells in the pasta salad because they catch the sauce better for more of a flavor kick. I used mustard, vegannaise, rice wine vinegar, sugar and coconut milk as the base before seasonings. Nutritional yeast provides the eggy flavor I was used to in these. I like to use as many colors of sweet peppers and onions for a garden-fresh presentation. I wrote down ingredient amount approximations this year!



 Also used the same sauce base for the potato salad with less sugar, vinegar, and coconut milk, and the addition of celery seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment