Thursday, June 14, 2012

Red Wine Lasagna


I've made lasagna so many times already because it it fairly easy, delicious, and will feed a crowd. But I've already done several variations like spinach lasagna...and I'm always looking to try something new. I've really enjoyed cooking with wine lately, so naturally, I had to try red wine tomato sauce! The dryer the wine for this dish, the more you will taste it in there. I simmered my signature homemade sauce (use fresh veggies whenever you can!) on the stove with the wine for several hours, adding more wine every now and then when the sauce condensed. I also figured for such a nice sauce, I should add a few special ingredients - what better than an entire layer of roasted red peppers and garlic cloves?! Roasting these guys in foil in the oven just brings out the flavor so much; it is delectable. All of this with whole grain noodles (you can't tell a difference from regular pasta in the lasagna), tofu ricotta (tofu, lemon juice, basil, nutritional yeast) and a generous portion of mozzarella-style Daiya. Voila, magnifico!

No comments:

Post a Comment