Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gary Bowling's House of Art Fundraiser


Gary Bowling's House of Art at 500 Bland St. in Bluefield, WV is in trouble-- they may be forced to move due to low funding. It is a wonderful, enriching place for all ages to come and marvel at beautiful and unique works of art, and there you can see recycled art - trash turned into treasure. It is home to local artists, and everyone who enters is family. It is really the gem of the city, as it is an extremely economically depressed area with dilapidated buildings crumbling and businesses failing left and right.

Please buy a work of art or consider making a donation of any amount to help keep this light in the darkness alive! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gary-Bowlings-House-of-Art/133225843375348

I wanted to do my part as soon as I heard they needed help. Fundraiser bake sales are my specialty! I love to help charities, as well as get the word out about vegan food, and I just plain love to cook. I donated all the ingredients as part of my contribution, so that 100% of what we earned could go to the cause. I also made everything $1 (waaaay underselling; vegan and organic ingredients are very expensive!) to help encourage people to come out and buy.

We didn't end up selling an awful lot, but totally sold out of the vegan sausage/cheese balls---those are always a surprise hit for non-believing omnivores!

And thanks to a VERY generous donation from a dedicated patron, we ended up making $255 in total. About a quarter of what they need monthly for rent - $1,000. A HUGE thank you to everyone that came out that night!










No comments:

Post a Comment