Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Ultimate Vegan Grilled Cheese

After battle of wits with Kierkegaard over ethics earlier this evening (for a Philosophy essay), I believe I inevitably lost. I needed comfort food. So I used up the rest of my homemade bread, sliced extra-thick, and grilled the hell out of it in earth balance - smothering it with an exorbitant amount of both cheddar- and mozzarella-style Daiya Cheeze shreds. Some always like their grilled cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise or tomato; I like the simplicity of just 'cheese' - as long as there's plenty of it. It was so gooey, I couldn't even believe it. I could only eat half.

I now bear the satisfied battle scars every good cook should have: sore feet, burned hands...and a distended stomach :)

Just look at this magnificent bastard. He was about 3 inches tall!


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a damn tasty grilled cheese, Meg! Can I eat the other half?

    ReplyDelete