Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Accidental Gardener

I started off just wanting to grow a few fresh herbs to cook with, and somehow got carried away into a new hobby. I saw some seeds in the store for 'lemon cucumbers,' kaleidoscope carrots, carnival mix sweet peppers, and I was hooked. I already have a ton of pots and potting soil, but I have no idea where I'm going to put some of the other veggies I'd like to grow - awesome lettuces, peas, bok choy, and my designer pumpkins/gourds. I have some gear to do a small garden in the backyard...which I'm not quite positive I'm allowed to, what wih being a renter and all. What could a few veggies hurt, though? I figure if anyone complains I can just get grass seed next summer :)

This is my little start, after being planted for just one week:

No comments:

Post a Comment